Where to get FREE Mulch
You can get FREE mulch delivered to your house from tree service companies, and-or you can pick up FREE mulch by yourself at various companies and city recycling centers.
- 972 669 8980 Davey Tree Experts in Richardson dumps mulch to people for free. Ask for a load of mulch. You might want anywhere from a whole load down to 1/4 of a typical load of mulch. Be sure to specify that you do NOT want any logs in the mulch. You might get mulch right away, or you might have to wait a while. It depends on when they have a load near you. After you request mulch, if you haven't received any after a month, call and remind them.
- Lindsey's Tree Service also will deliver mulch to your yard; you just have to ask. Contact Lindsey's Tree Service at 214 553 0707. They are in Dallas on Northwest Highway, and you can pick up free mulch at their store Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. See below.
- Personal Touch Tree Service has free mulch. If they cut down a tree at your site, they will grind it up into mulch and leave it for you, or they will take it away if you don't want it.
- Sign up online to get mulch delivered to your house for free. Click this link and watch the one minute video.
- Call other local tree service companies to see if they will give you free mulch.
- You also can Google "Free Mulch" to find other places where you can get free mulch. Also check out the free section on craigslist.org.
Here are four places where you can pick up free mulch yourself.
- Lindsey's Tree Service, 10717 East Northwest Highway at Plano Road, NE corner; 9:00 - 5:00 Monday - Friday, 214 553 0707
- Personal Touch Tree Service, 4523 Samuell Blvd., Dallas Call 214-328-7213 to discuss mulch options. Visit: personaltouchtreeservice.com/free-mulch/
- White Rock Stables, 214-348-3110, 8949 Lanshire Drive, Dallas, Texas 75238 White Rock Stables has free mulch that is finely ground up and has some horse manure in it. Here is a link to a Google map for White Rock Stables
- Garland Recycling Center, 1426 Commerce St., Garland, TX 75040, telephone 972-205-3500 (Google map) The quality of the mulch varies. Sometimes it is ground up pretty well, similar to mulch that is bought in a plastic bag at Home Depot. Sometimes there are some larger chunks of tree limbs mixed in. Go in the entrance, turn right, heading for the exit. The mulch bin is near the exit. Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., closed Sunday Call first to make sure that the bin has mulch. Sometimes it is empty.