"To educate and enlist humanity to protect and restore the quality of the natural and human environment."
November 28 Conservation Update
for our Poor Peoples Campaign partners' success with their Ecological
Devastation Tour, for all the new ev's being developed (a Tesla pickup
truck and a Mustang SUV), for the friends who told me today they'll
try a plant based diet, for an elderly former climate change denier
who is trying to think up solutions now.
- December 6, 3-5:30, in City Hall Plaza, join the Global Climate Strike. Rep. Collin Allred and Rep. Kenny Marchant will speak. https://www.facebook.com/events/2469975039916389/
- December 6, at 6:00pm, Sunrise Movement (youth-led political movement promoting Green New Deal) is launching a Dallas hub with a party: https://www.facebook.com/events/2383657645228285/
- Monday, December 9, The EPA will hold a hearing on the "haze rule"
for coal plants. https://www.sierraclub.org/texas/blog/2019/11/protect-texas-communities-and-parks-coal-pollution
describes the hearing and links to suggested talking points. Lone
Star Chapter of Sierra Club requested the hearing. Contact Jennifer
Huser (214) 665-7347; e-mail address: email@example.com,
if you wish to speak. You can also post comments online at https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=EPA-R06-OAR-2016-0611
before January 13, 2020.
- December 14, Fretz Park, Texas Trees Foundation has another tree planting, https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=E347204&id=49
- December 15, 6-9. El Fenix Restaurant in Casa Linda Plaza, join
the club for our annual Holiday party. We'll provide a free round of
margaritas (or the beverage of your choice).
Texas Clean Energy Scorecard
Lone Star Sierra Club has published their Clean Energy Scorecard to help you inform yourself about the clean energy efforts of your Retail Electric Provider. Read about it here. Then go to http://www.texascleanenergyscorecard.com/ to learn how your retail electric provider rates, and what you might ask them to improve.
Conservation News Email List
Sign up to get Dallas Sierra Club Conservation News Stay up-to-date on conservation issues affecting the Dallas area with this (usually) twice-per-month email.
Conservation starts at home! Think globally, act locally comes down to your own garbage can. The majority of Americans recycle, so join us. Click here for information about recycling in Dallas, Fort Worth, and surrounding cities. If you have questions about recycling or recycling campaigns, contact Victoria Howard at 972-768-6067.
Share Your Ride
We are making car pooling and using public transportation a little easier for our regular events. See our new Share Your Ride page.
You can get FREE mulch delivered to your house from tree service companies, and-or you can pick up FREE mulch by yourself at various companies and city recycling centers. Click here for information about free mulch. If you have questions, contact Kirk or Coralie Miller at 972-699-1687.